2017 Tomato Art Fest Vendor Application
Every year, the Tomato Art Fest features over 200 local artists, businesses, non-profit organizations, great food, live entertainment, and a plethora of Tomato-themed activities for everyone to enjoy.
Friday August 11, 2017 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Saturday August 12, 2017 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
5 Points, East Nashville, TN
About the Event
Tomato Art Fest was founded by Meg and Bret MacFadyen, owners of East Nashville’s Art and Invention Gallery. In 2004, the gallery hosted an art show celebrating the tomato in late summer, and planned a few neighborhood events to promote the show. The Fest proved so popular that it immediately turned into an annual, signature event for the growing, hip, urban neighborhood of East Nashville.
A community builder, Tomato Art Fest has steadily drawn larger crowds with each year that passes. Last year, an estimated 60,000 people came to celebrate this beloved fruit/vegetable and enjoy the day’s festivities.
Vendor Marketplace Hours
Saturday August 12, 2017 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Other Important Dates
Vendor Applications will be reviewed starting February 1, 2017. The Early Bird Deadline is Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST.
February 15-17, 2017
1st round of vendor notifications will be sent via email.
Wednesday March 29, 2017
Early Bird Vendor Payment Deadline
2nd round of vendor notifications will be sent via email.
Wednesday April 26, 2017 11:59 PM CST
Vendor Application Deadline
Wednesday May 17, 2017
Final Round of vendor notifications will be sent via email
Wednesday May 31, 2017
Final Vendor Payment Deadline
No application is complete without payment ($20 application fee due now).
-Not For Profit |Early Bird $325 | Regular $350| (Tomato Art Fest provides a 10'x10' space)
-Artist/Local Artisan Business |Early Bird $225 | Regular $250| (Tomato Art Fest provides a 10'x10' space)
-Business Booth Space |Early Bird $400 | Regular $450| (Tomato Art Fest provides a 10'x10' space)
-Food Vendor/Truck $500
Vendor Fees are due upon acceptance into Tomato Art Fest.
Vendor Type Description
Not for Profit* Non-profits must be a registered 501c3.
Local Artisan Business* A Local Artisan Business is considered a locally owned and operated business that sells items handcrafted by other artisans.
Artist* Individuals who hand-make/handcraft the items they will offer at the event.
Artist categories are used by Nashville Pride as a tool to ensure vendor diversity at the event. Please find descriptions of media categories below:
Candles: Personally concocted scent profiles and hand-poured candles and wax melts
Ceramics: All original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry is accepted in this category. No machine-made or mass produced work is permitted.
Clothing: Hand-sewn articles of clothing by you.
Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image, or the manipulation of other source material, was executed by the artist using a computer. Traditional photographs taken through a digital media should apply in the photography category.
Drawing: Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, wax crayon, etc. or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush are to be entered in this category.
Fiber: All work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, leatherwork, tapestry and papermaking. This can be wearable or non-wearable.
Glass: No forms of mass production are permitted. Mass produced glassware vendors should fill out the Local Business Vendor Form.
Health/Beauty: Beauty (skincare, make up, etc) products hand-made and concocted by you. No mass-produced products are allowed.
Jewelry: All jewelry whether the work is produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials must be entered in this category. No commercial casts, molds or production studio work is allowed.
Metalworks: Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metals. No production studio work is allowed.
Painting: Works created in oils, acrylics, watercolor, etc. are in this category.
Paper Making/Book Arts: Hand-binded journals, notebooks, etc.
Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist’s original image, which have been processed by that artist, or under his or her direct supervision, are included in this category.
Printmaking: Printed works for which the artist’s hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category.
Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work done in any medium.
Wood: Original works in wood that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved are accepted in the wood category.
Business* Corporate or Local Business vendors who will use their booth space for promotional purposes or sell mass-produced items
Food Vendor/Truck* A vendor who intends to sell food and beverage items for Nashville Pride attendees to consume at the event.
PLEASE NOTE: MARKET VENDORS(OUTSIDE OF SELECTED FOOD VENDORS) ARE PROHIBITED FROM SELLING OR GIVING AWAY FOOD AND BEVERAGES (INCLUDING WATER). PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE MARKET AGREEMENT FOR OTHER RESTRICTIONS.
The Jury Process
An annually chosen vendor selection committee reviews vendor applications on a monthly basis beginning in the middle of February until immediately after the vendor application deadline in the middle of May. Past participation in Tomato Art Fest does not guarantee acceptance into the festival.
Each year we receive hundreds of applications and are only able to select an estimated 1/4 of them. Applications that stand out include the following:
Updated website or photos
Artists develop work that fits the Tomato/Fruit/Vegetable theme
New, creative, wacky
Please note the first round of applications will not be reviewed until after February 1, 2017.
The early bird application deadline is February 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST.
Click on the submit button above. Once that is completed, click on the Vendor Application Fee below and provide the $20.00 payment. Vendor Applications that are not completed with the application fee will not be considered.
No application is complete without payment ($20 application fee due now).
A $25.00 fee will be charged for all checks that are returned to HT for any reason.
The deadline for receiving applications is July 1, 2016. Early Bird applications must be completed prior to February 1st at midnight. All early bird applications that are approved must be paid prior to March 15, 2016.
Acting in its sole discretion, HT reserves the right to reject any application for any reason.
The Artist market vendor (“Vendor”) agrees to be bound by each and every of the terms set forth herein and the terms and representations set forth in the Application, which is incorporated herein by reference as though fully set forth. If the Vendor violates any term of this agreement, Hot Tomato LLC (“HT”) and/or the authorized agents of the festival may within their sole discretion and at any time (1) terminate this agreement, (2) require Vendor, immediately upon notice of violation of this agreement, to cease operations and vacate the premises, and (3) forfeit any and all fees paid to Hot Tomato LLC for the right and privilege of participating in the 2016 Tomato Art Fest.
This agreement represents the entire agreement between HT and the Vendor and may not be amended without the mutual consent of both parties set forth in writing and signed by authorized representatives of HT and the Vendor.
1. HT agrees to provide each Vendor of the 2016 Tomato Arts Festival with assigned 10’x10’ space(s). Vendors must supply all tables, chairs, tents, generators, and security.
2. Vendor agrees to obey all rules and instructions as directed by the Festival Director during the festival weekend. Any failure to strictly adhere to such rules or instructions may result in the immediate termination of this agreement and immediate forfeiture of any and all fees paid to HT.
3. Vendor hereby acknowledges its liability, and agrees to compensate HT, for any damage(s) caused by, including but not limited to, its representatives, agents, employees, volunteers, members, vehicles, equipment, materials and objects to the environs and infrastructure of city or private propriety which causes HT to pay for repair, replacement, or other remuneration to the Metropolitan Parks Department and/ or Nashville-Davidson County Metropolitan Government for such damage to the environs or infrastructure.
4. As a courtesy to other vendors and festival participants, any amplified sound or loud noise from Vendor’s space is prohibited.
5. HT reserves the right to prohibit, within any booth or on the festival grounds, the display, advertisement, or other promotion of any business, company, or organization which may be in conflict with a current HT sponsor. Any questions concerning current HT sponsors should be directed to the Festival Director prior to the event.
6. Vendor shall not display, offer for view or sale any illegal or contraband items. The laws of the State of Tennessee and local ordinances of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville – Davidson County shall control. Vendors shall not display, offer for view or sale any items that are unlicensed and/or copies/interpretations of licensed or registered items at any site or operation of the 2016 festival.
7. Vendor understands and agrees that the Tomato Arts Fest 2016 is intended to be, and at all times shall be, a family friendly event.
8. Vendor shall not sublet its space without the express written consent of HT. HT permits each space to be utilized by no more than two (2) organizations.
9. Vendor acknowledges and understands that it is solely responsible for the collection of any sales or use taxes and shall in no way hold HT or its representatives responsible for any type of permits other than for the festival itself.
10. No refunds shall be given due to cancellation or interruption of the festival for reasons beyond the control of HT. These reasons include, but are not limited to weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, or governmental intervention.
11. HT and the Metropolitan Government of Nashville – Davidson County accept no responsibility for items left overnight. Vendor is solely responsible for the security for all its items at the festival location at all times.
12. HT makes no representation or guarantees towards actual festival attendance.
13. Vendor understands that HT has no control over weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, or governmental intervention, or any other cause that may prevent, and or interrupt, the festival weekend, and participants shall hold HT harmless for any losses that could arise because of such event.
14. HT reserves the right to place Vendors in booth locations at the complete discretion of HT. HT shall have sole and complete authority to place the participant in any location contained in the Market Place, irrespective of the participant’s request.
15. Vendor upon vacating its space(s) shall ensure that such space shall be free of any and all trash and refuse with such being placed in the appropriate containers. Failure of the Vendor to clean their space may result in future refusal of Vendor application.
16. Vendor certifies that it maintains adequate liability insurance to cover any and all occurrences which may result in the damage or injury to any person or thing within the confines of the Vendor’s space or as a result of the Vendor’s actions at the festival.
17. A $25 fee will be charged for all checks that are returned to HT for any reason. This agreement has been read, understood and entered into freely, voluntarily and absent of duress by the parties signed below. This agreement shall become effective upon execution by both the participant and HT.