2017 T Shirt and Poster Design Contest
Tomato Headquarters is once again asking for t-shirt/poster designs from the devoted fans of the annual festival.
This competition is open to EVERYONE….artists, graphic designers, lawyers, stock brokers, rock stars, race car drivers, monkey trainers, Guinness Book record holders, trapeze artists, and every other profession in between! All you have to do is create a work of art that strikes you as the ideal image to represent the festival on a t-shirt!
Here are a few guidelines to help you:
1. The design must be “family friendly”. This is a community event, so we want a design that everyone would be proud to wear. Please keep in mind this is the 14th year of the festival taking place on August 12th.
2. The design must be TOMATO inspired.
3. The design must include the following text:
· Tomato Art Fest
· 14 Annual / 14 Year (i.e. reference the 14th year)
· “The Tomato - A Uniter, Not A Divider…Bringing Together Fruits and Vegetables”
4. No matter what size your original artwork is, it must reduce proportionately to fit within the 11” x 17” format that is on the front/back of the t-shirt. (That would be 11” wide, and 17” tall)
5. All original artwork must be photographed and submitted electronically with files vector-based, CMYK in EPS and PDF formats. You can send links to dropbox or you send it as needed. If you have questions see contact information below.
6. Remember that this is a t-shirt/poster and a lot of fine detail will probably get lost in the translation when printed. So try to keep it simple to a certain degree.
- Designs must meet submission guidelines. Those that do not meet these requirements will be disqualified.
- Judges will be looking for originality of concept. Plain and simple- you must use your own ideas. Designs cannot contain any copyrighted, trademarked, or service marked materials.
- Judges will also be looking for a design that has visual impact, creativity and captures the spirit of The Tomato Art Fest.
· A prize of $500 cash will be awarded to the winner.
· Deadline for submissions is May 8th. The winning artist will be notified by May 15th.
· ALL Entries will be the property of the Hot Tomato LLC, who shall have the right to reprint and use all entries for promotion. The artist’s name will be included on the t-shirt or any other promotion.
· Please submit t-shirt design entries and additional questions to: Jack Davis / JD Events and Festivals / Jack@jdeventsandfestivals.com